Star Trek: Discovery rumors claim the series is cancelled….and renewed for five seasons?
Star Trek: Discovery’s third season has a lot of rumors around it, but none more so than the possibility that it could be the last season for the show.
This story originally came from a website that arguably has the coolest fricking layout I’ve ever seen. Jealous? Very. Inverse.com is claiming there are rumors abound about Star Trek Discovery’s third and potentially final season. They cite a YouTube channel that has had some success in the past with rumors but shouldn’t be used as a significant source. That opened up a doorway into so much uncertainty.
The only thing we know is that we know nothing. Why? Because there are two conflicting rumors. The canceled rumor is from the aforementioned YouTube channel, Midnight Edge, who claims that season three had reshoots done in order to develop a series finale instead of a cliffhanging finale.
Yet, other outlets are saying that the show is not ending with season three and that it’s in fact greenlit to shoot season’s four and five back-to-back come July. Now the original source for this is the ‘GWW‘ who, to my knowledge, hasn’t broken anything of significant news-wise.
Typically show renewals and cancellations aren’t this steeped in mystery. The Hollywood Reporter often breaks the news as soon as it’s known. In fact, most outlets and showrunners themselves will do it as soon as things have been finalized.
No one official is saying that it’s canceled or that’s renewed. So what does that mean? It means that neither source can be trusted, yet. If come July and the show isn’t filming, that’s your answer. Unless we hear from someone sooner. The series has had five showrunners, so the idea that the series is finally be put away isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Yet, with the merger of streaming services that CBS and Viacom are engaging in, it’s entirely possible that Viacom wants the Star Trek property to anchor the potential new service as well.
The only thing we know is that Discovery star Sonequa Martin-Green is pregnant, and that’s awesome news for her, her husband and son.
More on this: 877 stories
- My favourite film aged 12: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Reveals What Happened to the Ex-Borg
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains Why Riker Wasn't on the Titan in the Finale
- Showrunner Answers Big Questions About Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- 10 Things We're Looking Forward To In Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard: 5 Fan Theories That Came True In Season 1 (& 5 That Still Could)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Cast Reunite For Quarantine Birthday Party
- O Captain! My Captain! Anson Mount of 'Star Trek: Discovery' dishes on possible return of Capt. Pike
- 'Star Trek' Cast Group Chats to Celebrate Marina Sirtis' Birthday
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains How and Why the Show Changes The Borg
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains The Show's Approach to Sexuality
- Star Trek: Brent Spiner Shares High Praise for Picard's Finale
- Star Trek TOS: 10 Real-Life Historic References In The Show
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Hints at Series Going in New Directions in Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard's Synthetic Villains Were Disappointing
- Picard: The Show's LGBT Romance Brings Star Trek Into the 21st Century
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3 Teaser Trailer Shows Burnham In The Future
- Stay At Home Edition: Bits & Pieces
- 'Battlestar Galactica' is a Bingeable Feast Eager to Bust Your Gut
- The Challenge for 'Star Trek: Picard' Season 2
- Star Trek: Enterprise's Jonathan Archer reminds us that mistakes happen
- Star Trek: Picard's Finale Finally Brought [SPOILERS] Back To Starfleet
- Star Trek: Picard EP Says Season 2 Will Go In A Different Direction
- Star Trek: 10 Historic Moments In Star Trek That We've Already Lived Through
- Star Trek Picard: What is Will Riker's New Ship?