Jem’Hadar down the Hirogen in last week’s Star Trek poll
The Jem’Hardar had the power of the Star Trek fanbase flowing through their veins, as they downed the Hirogen in last week’s Friday Night Fight.
The Jem’Hadar have won another victory in the name of the Dominion. The Jem’Hadar were victorious in last week’s Friday Night Fights with the Gamma Quadrant’s vicious warrior race seemingly capturing the hearts of the fans as they outpaced the Hirogen. While a bit surprising that they won by 20%, not at all unexpected considering the love fans have for all things-Star Trek:Deep Space 9.
The Jem’Hadar are pretty popular and might be one of the most popular races in all of Star Trek lore. Their use in the 90s made them very well known and they’re a race with a sorrowful sense of purposeful. That’s part of the reason they were featured so prominently on Deep Space Nine. As opposed to the Hirogen, who was only in a handful of episodes across the latter parts of Star Trek: Voyager. The Jem’Hadar’s in-canon lore on the television series arguably trumps the Hirogen. Plus, the Hirogen are very loosely based on the Predator alien from the Predator franchise. These are some of the reasons why the Hirogen were victorious.
Though, it’s not just the on-screen time that gave them their win. Personally, I think it’s also because both races represent their specific shows. The Jem’Hadar was a Deep Space 9 race, the Hirogen, a Star Trek: Voyager race. Deep Space 9 seen as the ‘better’ show, though I don’t necessarily agree. They’re both my favorite shows in the franchise.
Come back later tonight to find out the next Friday Night Fight!
More on this: 421 stories
- Ron Moore Talks Abandoned "Star Wars" Series
- How Star Trek' Saved 'Mission: Impossible 2'
- Agents of SHIELD: LMD Coulson Is Nothing Like Star Trek's Data
- CBS Reportedly Planning A Spock And Kirk Star Trek Spinoff
- Star Trek Introduces The MULTIVERSE'S Federation: How It's Different
- Redshirt fans are excited for new series, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
- Why Star Trek: Enterprise's Series Finale Is So Hated by Fans
- Star Trek: Discovery's Original Promise Fulfilled By New Show
- Star Trek: 5 Rumored Projects Fans Would Love To See (& 5 They Wouldn't)
- John Krasinski's YouTube series “Some Good News” is moving to CBS All Access
- Simon Pegg reveals heartbreaking reason Star Trek 4 may not happen
- NASA May Have Just Confirmed a Parallel Mirror Universe (Yes, Really)
- Simon Pegg Says Star Trek Movies Will Never Be As Successful As Marvel Films
- Collider Connected: Watch Our Live Interview with Ronald D. Moore on May 22
- Star Trek TNG: 10 Episode Details You Missed In “The Measure Of A Man”
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Ordered to Series for CBS All Access
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Can Solve Pike's Mirror Universe Mystery
- Pegg Asked About A New Star Trek Movie
- Star Trek: Voyager to celebrate 25th anniversary on May 26th
- Star Trek May Be Better Off On TV Than Movies, Says Simon Pegg
- Star Trek Movies Will Never Be As Successful as MCU, Says Simon Pegg
- How Star Trek: Lower Decks Fits Into Franchise Canon
- Star Trek: Voyager Reunion Announced
- New Star Trek Movie Update: Simon Pegg on the Likelihood of Star Trek 4
- Goldsman Updates Fans On Picard Season Two