Pegg Asked About A New Star Trek Movie
While doing promotion for his latest movie, Inheritance, Simon Pegg was asked about a potential Star Trek film. “Star Trek, I don’t know,” he said. “Honestly, I don’t know.”
The actor would “love to work with those guys again” and “…we’ll see what the future holds.”
But one event still hangs over a future Star Trek film, the tragic death of Anton Yelchin. “One thing I did mention when I spoke about it recently is that for us, losing Anton Yelchin the way we did was a real blow,” said Pegg. “And I think it slightly took the wind out of our sails in terms of our enthusiasm to do another one, just because we’re now missing one of our family. He would be conspicuous by his absence.”
The rest of the actors still keep in touch. “We’re all still in contact,” said Pegg. “We were emailing with each other the other day, just checking in, ‘how are we,’ and stuff.
“But it’s not like any of us have been banging on the door at Paramount saying, ‘Hey, when are we doing this?’ If they say, ‘We’d like to do another movie,’ I’m sure we’ll all jump at the chance. I miss those guys, and I love making those films. But I just don’t know. Noah Hawley‘s project has been mentioned, and maybe that will happen. I don’t know anything about that. So yeah, I’m as in the dark as everyone else, I’m in the same boat as you guys.”
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 557 stories
- Quentin Tarantino Won't Direct His 20s Gangster-Set Star Trek Film, But It Could Still Happen!
- Star Trek: Prodigy Lands Harry Potter Director as Creative Lead
- Daniel Dae Kim Is Running a Campaign to Get James Hong a Star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame
- Star Trek: The 10 Weirdest Official Merch You Can Buy
- Figuring Out Where to Take the Star Trek Movies Is Not Hard
- Star Trek: Where Kirk Is During Discovery Season 1 & 2 Revealed
- Star Trek: Beyond's sequel and not Quentin Tarantino's film should be next
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Characters Come to Star Trek Online
- How Star Trek: Lower Decks Uses Canon to Its Advantage
- Star Trek: Picard Reportedly Lost Nearly Half Its Audience Over Season 1
- Every Star Trek Easter Egg & Reference In Lower Decks Episode 1
- 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' warps into the animated comedy frontier with 'Second Contact'
- Rumors say Simon Pegg wants more to do with next Star Trek movie
- When Does Lower Decks Take Place in the Star Trek Universe?
- How Star Trek: Lower Decks Reflects Fans Back at Themselves
- The Movie Sleuth: Trek In Flux: Numerous Star Trek Movie Ideas Being Considered By Paramount
- What's Happening With Those Star Trek Movies?
- Lower Decks Treats Previous Star Trek Crews Like Royalty
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Creator Wants Series to Be the Origin of a Bridge Crew
- Star Trek 4: Original Time Travel Idea With Chris Hemsworth Reportedly Still on the Table
- Paramount pausing Noah Hawley's Star Trek film is a bad sign
- Blazing Saddles Animated Remake Stars Cats and Dogs
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Film On Hold; Tarantino's Film Includes 1930s Gangsters
- 3 Different Star Trek Scripts Being Considered to Reboot Fledgeling Movie Franchise
- Star Trek Theatrical Return is Paramount's Priority