Star Trek: Voyager’s Garrett Wang nearly killed a Star Wars icon
Garrett Wang of Star Trek: Voyager recants time he nearly hit a Star Wars icon.
There’s a loose rivalry between the Star Trek and Star Wars fandom. Star Wars fans think their franchise is best, and Star Trek fans let them believe in fairy tails. Jokes aside, the two sci-fi franchises have long been the pillars of what near-perfection can be in the genre. So when you have two actors from the two different franchises interact because one nearly killed the other; well that’s how things go from bad to bat-crap crazy. Enter Star Trek: Voyager’s Garrett Wang.
On the Delta Flyer’s podcast, hosted by Wang and Star Trek: Voyager co-star Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris), Wang recanted the time he nearly ran over Harrison Ford while driving around the parking lot of the Paramount Studio set, where Voyager was filmed at. The incident occurred on the day he found out he landed the role of Harry Kim on the series and had been running late for his first date of work.
This is one of those stories nearly too good to be true. Wang nearly ran over Han Solo. How is that not the greatest story ever told from the set? Ford to his credit has had a history of near-misses. He’s an avid pilot and has not only saved someone before but nearly died before while flying his plane. It very much seems like someone or something is looking out for him.
I think it’s Bill Shatner, personally.
The Delta Flyer’s podcast is a look back at Star Trek: Voyager episode by episode from two of the main cast members. It’s available for free at the-delta-flyers.captivate.fm. The episodes usually are about the length of a Star Trek episode, and upload either Monday or Tuesday. You can also sign up for their Patreon page if you want to help contribute.
More on this: 519 stories
- Star Trek DS9: How Dax Became A Trans Icon
- Star Trek: Picard: Patrick Stewart Struggled Saying Goodbye to Data
- Patrick Stewart Struggled Saying Goodbye To Data In Star Trek: Picard
- Why a prequel about Worf should be the next Star Trek series
- Star Trek's Robert Picardo Sings About Not Being Brent Spiner in New Music Video
- Bring back Wil Wheaton to Star Trek, even if Wesley Crusher annoyed us
- 10 Classic Sci-Fi Shows To Entertain Star Trek And Star Wars Fans Right Now
- Bonus Ready Room With Wil Wheaton
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Animated TV Show Release Date Set For August
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Poster Reveals Starfleet's Newest Ship
- Picard: There's a 'Good Chance' Jean Luc Will Reunite With Beverly Crusher
- Star Trek: Lower Decks arrive on CBS All Access on August 6
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Revealed by CBS All Access
- Star Trek: Lower Decks unveils new look photo ahead of August 6 premiere
- 'Deltas' are in as Space Force develops command structure
- Star Trek: Gates McFadden Says There's a "Good Chance" She'll Return in Picard
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Reveals First Look at New Ship
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Announced
- Star Trek Online: House Divided Update
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Coming Next Month!
- Star Trek actress Gates McFadden says appearance in Picard is possible
- CBS Announces Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date
- Gates McFadden deserves one more turn in Picard's second season
- Star Trek: Picard's Sir Patrick Stewart Is Writing a Memoir
- Star Trek Online: House Divided Trailer Released