Rumor: CBS considering making James Kirk bisexual in new Star Trek series
James Kirk may be bisexual in the upcoming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds series.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds was supposed to be a series that appealed to all fans, new and old. The idea was to bring in the original crew of the Enterprise that was part of the original series pilot. The series was to focus on the likes of Captain Pike (portrayed by Anson Mount), Spock (Ethan Peck), Number One (Rebecca Romijn), and others who were part of the original canceled pilot. There’s a rumor that says James Kirk was going to be part of the new series as a recurring character, though that right now, is still only a rumor.
However, another new rumor will make fans even more split, and that rumor will feature a huge change to Star Trek canon. One that will effectively divide the fanbase even more so than it already is, and that’s making James Kirk bisexual. According to “trusted insider” Daniel Richtman, CBS is considering making Kirk bisexual in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
Kirk has never been portrayed, hinted at, or alleged to be anything other than straight in all canon Star Trek media.
The move, should it happen, will absolutely splinter an already divided fanbase even more so. Fans have been critical of the last two Star Trek series; Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard. Many have taken a hardline stance either for or against the new series, but that divide will further be highlighted should this rumor come to fruition.
Many had hope Strange New Worlds would get back to classic Trek, with classic characters and classic adventures. Yet, now fans will once again ignore the series for what it is, and instead, embrace it or deny it for what they want it to represent. There’s no denying that this rumor alone will cause there to be much debate over the topic.
Maybe that’s something that CBS possibly wants? A digital focus group.
So, do you want to see a bisexual Kirk?
More on this: 519 stories
- Star Trek DS9: How Dax Became A Trans Icon
- Star Trek: Picard: Patrick Stewart Struggled Saying Goodbye to Data
- Patrick Stewart Struggled Saying Goodbye To Data In Star Trek: Picard
- Why a prequel about Worf should be the next Star Trek series
- Star Trek's Robert Picardo Sings About Not Being Brent Spiner in New Music Video
- Bring back Wil Wheaton to Star Trek, even if Wesley Crusher annoyed us
- 10 Classic Sci-Fi Shows To Entertain Star Trek And Star Wars Fans Right Now
- Bonus Ready Room With Wil Wheaton
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Animated TV Show Release Date Set For August
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Poster Reveals Starfleet's Newest Ship
- Picard: There's a 'Good Chance' Jean Luc Will Reunite With Beverly Crusher
- Star Trek: Lower Decks arrive on CBS All Access on August 6
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Revealed by CBS All Access
- Star Trek: Lower Decks unveils new look photo ahead of August 6 premiere
- 'Deltas' are in as Space Force develops command structure
- Star Trek: Gates McFadden Says There's a "Good Chance" She'll Return in Picard
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Reveals First Look at New Ship
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Announced
- Star Trek Online: House Divided Update
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Coming Next Month!
- Star Trek actress Gates McFadden says appearance in Picard is possible
- CBS Announces Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date
- Gates McFadden deserves one more turn in Picard's second season
- Star Trek: Picard's Sir Patrick Stewart Is Writing a Memoir
- Star Trek Online: House Divided Trailer Released