Star Trek: Enterprise actor John Billingsley thinks show failed due to fatigue
John Billingsley of Star Trek: Enterprise believes the show failed due to series fatigue.
The legacy of Star Trek: Enterprise has always been a rather unique one. The series featured the beginnings of Starfleet, the budding partnership of the humans and Vulcans, as well as the beginning of many of the interstellar cultures and partnerships that Trek fans have come to love and study with gusto. It’s a series that however has been maligned by many; fairly or otherwise. So when John Billingsley, aka Phlox of Star Trek: Enterprise fame points out the possibility the series may have suffered from fatigue it’s hard not to agree.
Billingsley spoke at the Galaxy Con Live streaming event last week and shared his thoughts on why the series, at least initially, didn’t get the love it deserved;
The first two season to many who watched the show doesn’t live up to the past series, or even it’s own third and fourth seasons. There might be some truth to the idea that the series was as fleshed out as well as it could’ve been.
Yet, the idea of franchise fatigue is very real. That was the fourth series in the span of 14 years, and with 400-some-odd episodes of Trek in that time span, plus six odd movies, there was a Trek overload. That may have caused many people to watch the show and see it for something it was never supposed to be.
Does Enterprise get a bad rep?
More on this: 566 stories
- No More Star Trek Movies? Future Of Franchise May Be Strictly Television
- Star Trek 4 Rumored To Be Cancelled, No More Movies In Development
- Star Wars' Mark Hamill, Star Trek's Patrick Stewart Face Off in Uber Eats Commercial
- Star Trek 6 Still Holds A Franchise Record 30 Years Later
- Mark Hamill and Sir Patrick Stewart row over tomatoes in UberEats ad
- A cat named Grudge is beaming into 'Star Trek: Discovery' season 3
- Star Trek: 10 Best Costumes, Ranked
- Star Trek: 10 Greatest Villains, Ranked
- Star Trek 4 Said To Be Canceled, Paramount Reportedly No Longer Making Trek Movies
- Star Trek actors encourage fans to act to create a real Star Trek future
- Star Trek's Captain Janeway is Pirate Queen of The Mirror Universe
- New Star Trek Movie Reboot Is an Argument for Why All Humanity Should Unite
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Remixes an Iconic Line From the Franchise
- Star Trek TNG Almost Had A Different Data
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Introduces a New Starfleet Division
- Discovery Brings Back A Big Star Trek Element In Season 3
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Wil Wheaton's proud of Wesley's legacy
- Star Trek: Noah Hawley's Movie Will Question Humanity's Role in the Federation
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Which Star Trek TOS Character Is Your Soulmate, Based On Your Zodiac?
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December