Chris Pine’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Make Its Way Onto HBO Max In July
Chris Pine’s Star Trek reboot will make its way onto HBO Max in July.
HBO Max is gearing up to be the go-to streaming service for franchise fans. Currently, the streaming service boasts a treasure trove of DC Extended Universe films and will also serve as the home of Zack Snyder’s Justice League. If superheroes aren’t your jam, the service also holds the entire Harry Potter franchise if revisiting Hogwarts is your escape of choice during the quarantine period. However, if you’ve exhausted HBO Max’s offerings, you can visit the USS Enterprise from Chris Pine’s Star Trek.Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Film Probably Isn’t Going To Happen
Set to hit HBO Max on July 1, Chris Pine’s Star Trek is the first entry in the hit reboot franchise, dubbed the Kelvin timeline. Released in 2009 and directed by J. J. Abrams, the reboot was praised for injecting the franchise with levity and brisk action sequences, as well as stellar visual effects. Chris Pine was also warmly received as James T. Kirk, the role previously occupied by William Shatner. The film earned $385 million at the box office and went on to launch two sequels: Into Darkness and Beyond.
While the reboot was a decent success at the box office, the subsequent films never managed to bring a wide enough audience. Recently, Simon Pegg discussed uncertainty regarding a fourth film in the franchise considering the films fail to bring in “Marvel” money, i.e $1 billion. The Chris Pine films seems to be in limbo at the moment, but the franchise has returned to its television roots with Star Trek: Picard, which airs on CBS All Access.Simon Pegg: ‘Star Trek’ Film Spin-Offs Have Been Discussed
You can check out the plot synopsis for Picard below.
Star Trek: Picard stars Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, and Harry Treadaway. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Michael Chabon, Akiva Goldsman, James Duff, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth are on board as executive producers. Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout) serves as a co-executive producer with Kirsten Beyer as a supervising producer.
Star Trek: Picard airs on CBS All Access. Chris Pine’s Star Trek will begin streaming on HBO Max on July 1.
Stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on Chris Pine and you can also subscribe to our YouTube channel for more content in the future!
Source: HBO Max
More on this: 519 stories
- Star Trek DS9: How Dax Became A Trans Icon
- Star Trek: Picard: Patrick Stewart Struggled Saying Goodbye to Data
- Patrick Stewart Struggled Saying Goodbye To Data In Star Trek: Picard
- Why a prequel about Worf should be the next Star Trek series
- Star Trek's Robert Picardo Sings About Not Being Brent Spiner in New Music Video
- Bring back Wil Wheaton to Star Trek, even if Wesley Crusher annoyed us
- 10 Classic Sci-Fi Shows To Entertain Star Trek And Star Wars Fans Right Now
- Bonus Ready Room With Wil Wheaton
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Animated TV Show Release Date Set For August
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Poster Reveals Starfleet's Newest Ship
- Picard: There's a 'Good Chance' Jean Luc Will Reunite With Beverly Crusher
- Star Trek: Lower Decks arrive on CBS All Access on August 6
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Revealed by CBS All Access
- Star Trek: Lower Decks unveils new look photo ahead of August 6 premiere
- 'Deltas' are in as Space Force develops command structure
- Star Trek: Gates McFadden Says There's a "Good Chance" She'll Return in Picard
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Reveals First Look at New Ship
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Announced
- Star Trek Online: House Divided Update
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Coming Next Month!
- Star Trek actress Gates McFadden says appearance in Picard is possible
- CBS Announces Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date
- Gates McFadden deserves one more turn in Picard's second season
- Star Trek: Picard's Sir Patrick Stewart Is Writing a Memoir
- Star Trek Online: House Divided Trailer Released