Star Trek Is Coming To HBO Max Next Week
The first movie in the Kelvin timeline trilogy of Star Trekhas found a new home on HBO Max and will become available for streaming in just a few days.
While Star Trek continues to do well within the TV industry, the future of the franchise on the big screen remains unclear. We know that a fourth movie in the rebooted timeline is still happening, with Chris Pine reprising his role as Captain James T. Kirk. But Spock actor Zachary Quinto has recently revealed that he’s not attached to the project. Additionally, Simon Pegg has repeatedly voiced concern about whether the cast would return to do another movie, maintaining that Paramount’s mishandling of Star Trek Beyondcaused the series to lose its momentum. Aside from Noah Hawley’s sequel, though, Quentin Tarantino still wants to direct his own R-ratedStar Trek flick, so it seems that the series has strong prospects for the near future.
If you haven’t been able to catch up with the crew of USS Enterprise in the last decade, though, now may be the perfect opportunity to start your marathon of the Kelvin trilogy as the first film will become available to stream on HBO Max on July 1st. The 2009 pic does a good job of introducing cinemagoers and fans to the story’s most iconic characters while also setting up a new universe for filmmakers to explore, with J.J. Abrams utilizing every aspect of his directing chops to reinvigorate the franchise for modern viewers.
The only catch is you’ll have to bounce between streaming services to watch all three films at the moment. Star Trek Into Darkness is currently available on FXNOW, while Star Trek Beyond found a new home on IMDB TV earlier this month.
Tell us, though, are you excited about the upcoming fourth chapter in this alternate version of Star Trek? And if so, what do you expect to see as the continuation of the story? Sound off with your thoughts in the usual place below.
More on this: 566 stories
- No More Star Trek Movies? Future Of Franchise May Be Strictly Television
- Star Trek 4 Rumored To Be Cancelled, No More Movies In Development
- Star Wars' Mark Hamill, Star Trek's Patrick Stewart Face Off in Uber Eats Commercial
- Star Trek 6 Still Holds A Franchise Record 30 Years Later
- Mark Hamill and Sir Patrick Stewart row over tomatoes in UberEats ad
- A cat named Grudge is beaming into 'Star Trek: Discovery' season 3
- Star Trek: 10 Best Costumes, Ranked
- Star Trek: 10 Greatest Villains, Ranked
- Star Trek 4 Said To Be Canceled, Paramount Reportedly No Longer Making Trek Movies
- Star Trek actors encourage fans to act to create a real Star Trek future
- Star Trek's Captain Janeway is Pirate Queen of The Mirror Universe
- New Star Trek Movie Reboot Is an Argument for Why All Humanity Should Unite
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Remixes an Iconic Line From the Franchise
- Star Trek TNG Almost Had A Different Data
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Introduces a New Starfleet Division
- Discovery Brings Back A Big Star Trek Element In Season 3
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Wil Wheaton's proud of Wesley's legacy
- Star Trek: Noah Hawley's Movie Will Question Humanity's Role in the Federation
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Which Star Trek TOS Character Is Your Soulmate, Based On Your Zodiac?
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December