Ryan Reynolds Crashes Hugh Jackman's X-Men Reunion
Ryan Reynolds continued to fuel his "feud" with Hugh Jackman by crashing the latter's X-Men reunion to celebrate 20 years of the mutant movie franchise.
2000's X-Men brought Charles Xavier's gifted youngsters to life in live-action and kick-started a series that spanned all the way through to last year's Dark Phoenix and is set to continue in a way with Deadpool 3. To honor the legacy of the first movie, Jackman gathered former co-stars Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry and Famke Janssen as part of the Global Citizen: Unite For Our Future benefit concert. However, it wasn't long before there was an unexpected gatecrasher.Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
During the all-star Zoom call, Jackman mused, "Honestly, it's kind of surreal you guys, can you believe it's been 20 years since the first X-Men movie?" After a mysterious ringing, Reynolds popped by with a simple, "Knock, knock." With the rude interruption, Jackman reminded Reynolds the reunion was for OG X-Men only as he explained, "Ryan, the cast and I were all just reminiscing about the movie that we're all in together."
Things descended into chaos when Reynolds invited Dark Phoenix's James McAvoy and Sophie Turner to the party. Turner joked she thought it was a Game of Thrones reunion before quickly departing, and a mass exodus saw Berry and Janssen leave for a James Bond reunion, McAvoy catch up with his Split co-stars and Stewart head to a Star Trek reunion. As Jackman shook his head and admitted things had fallen apart quickly, Reynolds said, "Guess it's just you and me, Logan. You know what that makes this a reunion for?"
What meeting of Jackman and Reynolds would be complete without a nod to Gavin Hood's maligned X-Men Origins: Wolverine? Reynolds' final surprise saw a mini-reunion for the 2009 movie as Liev Schreiber, aka Sabretooth, also joined. Schreiber yelled "X-Men: Origins reunite!" as things came to an end.
Of course, the feud between Jackman and Reynolds is a long-running joke that goes all the way back to filming X-Men Origins. Scarlett Johansson is apparently the cause of the "feud" because Jackman used to tease Reynolds about being married to her. Since then, Reynolds has teased Jackman with Deadpool's Australia Day trailer, while Jackman mocked Reynolds' star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The two are currently in the middle of a "truce."
More on this: 566 stories
- No More Star Trek Movies? Future Of Franchise May Be Strictly Television
- Star Trek 4 Rumored To Be Cancelled, No More Movies In Development
- Star Wars' Mark Hamill, Star Trek's Patrick Stewart Face Off in Uber Eats Commercial
- Star Trek 6 Still Holds A Franchise Record 30 Years Later
- Mark Hamill and Sir Patrick Stewart row over tomatoes in UberEats ad
- A cat named Grudge is beaming into 'Star Trek: Discovery' season 3
- Star Trek: 10 Best Costumes, Ranked
- Star Trek: 10 Greatest Villains, Ranked
- Star Trek 4 Said To Be Canceled, Paramount Reportedly No Longer Making Trek Movies
- Star Trek actors encourage fans to act to create a real Star Trek future
- Star Trek's Captain Janeway is Pirate Queen of The Mirror Universe
- New Star Trek Movie Reboot Is an Argument for Why All Humanity Should Unite
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Remixes an Iconic Line From the Franchise
- Star Trek TNG Almost Had A Different Data
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Introduces a New Starfleet Division
- Discovery Brings Back A Big Star Trek Element In Season 3
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Wil Wheaton's proud of Wesley's legacy
- Star Trek: Noah Hawley's Movie Will Question Humanity's Role in the Federation
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Which Star Trek TOS Character Is Your Soulmate, Based On Your Zodiac?
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December