Star Trek: Prodigy announced as title for long hinted at Nickelodeon
Star Trek: Prodigy announced as the title for long hinted at Nickelodeon
During the Trek panel for SDCC@Home panel, the long-discussed Nickelodeon show has finally be revealed and it has a name. It will be called Star Trek: Prodigy and will air on Nickelodeon in 2021. The premise of the show will focus on a group of “lawless” teenagers who take a derelict Starfleet ship as their own in order to have adventures, find meaning and salvation. The series is being developed by Kevin and Dan Hageman (“Trollhunters” and “Ninjago”) and overseen for Nickelodeon by Ramsey Naito, EVP, Animation Production, and Development, Nickelodeon.
The series is the fifth Star Trek show, including Star Trek’s Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, and Strange New Worlds. With Star Trek: Prodigy now on the books as well, that makes five series co-existing with one another at the same time.
Unlike Lower Decks, Prodigy will be strictly an all-ages show, geared towards a younger demographic. The Lower Decks series, however, will feature an explicitly more mature type of humor and will cater to an older audience.
Now that the Nickelodeon show has been revealed, what are your thoughts? Are there too many Trek shows? Does each show fill a specific niche? Let us know what you think down below or on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Keep checking back here at RedShirtsAlwaysDie for more updates on all things Trek and science fiction related.
More on this: 506 stories
- TV review: Star Trek: Lower Decks is trying a little too hard
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Gives Its Lead a Secret Mission
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back Picard's Nemesis Car
- What's New to Stream on Hulu for August 2020
- Here's how Lower Decks connects to the wider Star Trek franchise
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Cast Guide - Who Voices Each Character
- Star Trek: Lower Decks review: an animated show that hasn't found its comedic edge yet
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Series Premiere Recap
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Recap, Season 1 Episode 1
- Lower Decks: Is Animation Star Trek's Next Frontier?
- REVIEW: Star Trek: Lower Decks Is a Clever, Fun Take on the Franchise
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Review: Animated Comedy Finds the Fun in Starfleet
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Review: Funny Without Forgetting Trek
- Superman's KRYPTON Still Exists in The Star Trek Universe
- Review: 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' Broadly Goes Where No Trek Has Gone Before
- 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' Review
- What Star Trek has taught us about diversity
- Star Trek: Lower Decks: All trekkies aren't excited about the animation
- Star Trek should not be a year-round franchise for All Access
- Star Trek: All 3 Characters Played By David Warner
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Reveals New Starfleet Insignia
- Garrett Wang on Returning to Sci-Fi With Unbelievable!!!!! [Exclusive Interview]
- In Case You Were Wondering, William Shatner Knows Exactly What 'Star Trek' Slash Fiction Is
- Star Trek: Lower Decks EP Says The Next Generation Era Is A Playground
- CBS Reveals Michael Burnham's New Look For Star Trek: Discovery Season 3