Star Trek: New Teaser Reveals New Looks at Discovery Season 3, Lower Decks
CBS All Access has released a new teaser celebrating the upcoming 23 straight weeks of new Star Trek episodes. The streak begins on August 6th, with the premiere of the 10-episode first season of Star Trek: Lower Decks, Star Trek's first animated comedy series. On Monday, CBS All Access announced that the 13-episode third season of Star Trek: Discovery will debut the week following first Star Trek: Lower Decks season finale, premiering on October 15th. The new teaser offers new looks at Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Discovery Season Three. You can watch the trailer for yourself embedded below.
Emmy Award-winner Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites) developed Star Trek: Lower Decks. The series follows the support crew serving aboard one of Starfleet’s least important ships, the USS Cerritos, in the year 2380, just after Star Trek: Nemesis. Ensigns Mariner, Boimler, Rutherford, and Tendi have to keep up with their duties and social lives, often at the same time as sci-fi shenanigans rock the ship.
The Starfleet crew residing in the “lower decks” of the USS Cerritos includes “Ensign Beckett Mariner,” voiced by Tawny Newsome, “Ensign Brad Boimler,” voiced by Jack Quaid, “Ensign Tendi,” voiced by Noël Wells and “Ensign Rutherford,” voiced by Eugene Cordero. The Starfleet characters that comprise the ship’s bridge crew include “Captain Carol Freeman,” voiced by Dawnn Lewis, “Commander Jack Ransom,” voiced by Jerry O’Connell, “Lieutenant Shaxs,” voiced by Fred Tatasciore and “Doctor T’Ana,” voiced by Gillian Vigman.
After following Commander Burnham into the wormhole in the second season finale, season three of Star Trek: Discovery finds the USS Discovery crew landing in an unknown future far from the home they once knew. Now living in a time filled with uncertainty, the USS Discovery crew, along with some new friends, must work together to restore hope to the Federation.
Star Trek: Discovery Season Three stars Sonequa Martin-Green (Commander Michael Burnham), Doug Jones (Commander Saru), Anthony Rapp (Lt. Commander Paul Stamets), Mary Wiseman (Ensign Sylvia Tilly), Wilson Cruz (Dr. Hugh Culber), David Ajala (Cleveland "Book" Booker) and Michelle Yeoh (Philippa Georgiou).
Both series are part oof the expanding Star Trek franchise on CBS All Access, which also currently includes Star Trek: Picard; the recently announced USS Enterprise set series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, featuring Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn, and Ethan Peck; and the development of a Section 31-based series with Michelle Yeoh. A CG-animated series aimed at younger audiences is also in the works for Nickelodeon, titled Star Trek: Prodigy.
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.
More on this: 19 stories
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Cast Guide - Who Voices Each Character
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Gets Its Own T-Shirt Club
- Star Trek Debuts New Discovery and Lower Decks Footage
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Premiere Date Announced
- Star Trek: Discovery Season Three Coming In October
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Animated Series Debuts Scene from First Episode
- CBS All Access' Star Trek: Lower Decks Opening Scene!
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Reveals First Clip
- Watch the Star Trek Universe Comic-Con@Home Panel!
- Watch the Star Trek Universe virtual panel from Comic-Con@Home
- Thursday's Comic-Con At Home Trek Panels
- Star Trek Debuts Comic-Con@Home Teaser With Discovery, Lower Decks & Picard
- Star Trek Universe Comic-Con@Home Panels Teaser Released!
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Casts Paul Scheer as Chief Engineer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Books Paul Scheer for Guest Role
- Star Trek: Lower Decks arrive on CBS All Access on August 6
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Revealed by CBS All Access
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere Date Announced
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Coming Next Month!