Star Trek: Lower Decks Cast Guide - Who Voices Each Character
Here is who provides the voices on Star Trek: Lower Decks cast and where you've seen (or heard) them before. Created by Mike McMahan (Rick & Morty), Star Trek: Lower Decks is the first animated, half-hour comedy set in the Star Trek universe. Lower Decks charts the voyages of the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos, one of Starfleet's "least important ships".
Set in the fan-favorite 24th-century timeframe of Star Trek: The Next Generation,Star Trek: Lower Decks centers on the Ensigns and new recruits who do the bulk of the dirty work aboard the California-class U.S.S. Cerritos. In addition, the Cerritos has a unique Starfleet mission since its crew specializes in Second Contact, which involves the less-glamorous and more troublesome hassles of bringing new worlds into the United Federation of Planets. Star Trek: Lower Decks skews the traditional paradigm of the franchise and lovely pokes fun at Star Trek's many established tropes.Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
Star Trek: Lower Decks is the latest series from CBS All-Access that includes the hitsStar Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard. Lower Decks hopes to invite a new audience to discover that Star Trek's version of outer space is "the funnest frontier" while the show's Next Generation-inspired aesthetic should also please existing fans. Here is the talented voice cast who will be bringing Star Trek: Lower Decks' colorful ensemble to life.
Tawney Newsome as Ensign Beckett Mariner - Undisciplined but awesome at being a Starfleet Officer, Mariner refuses promotion and wants to remain in the Cerritos' lower decks. Newsome has appeared in 2 Broke Girls, Superstore, and she stars in Netflix's Space Force.
Jack Quaid as Ensign Brad Boimler - Totally by-the-book but lacking experience, Boimler dreams of being a great Starfleet hero someday. Quaid is best known as Hughie Campbell onThe Boys.
Noel Wells as Ensign D'Vana Tendi - Freshly arrived on the Cerritos, Tendi is an Orion who is totally excited for her first Starfleet posting. Wells was a Saturday Night Live cast member and she played Rachel on Master of None.
Eugene Cordero as Ensign Sam Rutherford - An engineering nerd, Rutherford is adjusting to his new cybernetic implant. Cordero appeared in Ghostbusters 2016, Kong: Skull Island, and The Good Place.
Dawnn Lewis as Captain Carol Freeman - The U.S.S. Cerritos' commanding officer fights against her disappointment that her ship isn't one of the best in Starfleet. Lewis appeared on A Different World, Hanging With Mr. Cooper, and The Secret Life of an American Teenager.
Jerry O'Connell as Commander Jack Ransom - Ransom is the Cerritos' hard-driving First Officer and is a bit of an egomaniac. O'Connell's extensive career includes starring in Sliders, Piranha 3D, Scream Queens, and Billions.
Fred Tatasciore as Lieutenant Shaxs - The Cerritos' burly Bajoran Security Chief tends to be shoot-first, diplomacy later. Tatasciore has voiced hundreds of animated films and TV shows like Scoob!, Batman: The Killing Joke, and Young Justice: Outsiders.
Gillian Vigman as Dr. T'Ana - The Cerritos' Chief Medical Officer, the gruff Dr. T'Ana has a bedside manner that leaves a lot to be desired. Vigman stars in Life Sentence and appeared in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, among her numerous roles.
Paul Scheer as Chief Engineer Andy Billups - Billups is Ensign Rutherford's demanding commanding officer and is tight with Commander Ransom. Scheer has appeared in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Good Place.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks