Star Trek movie from Legion creator gets unfortunate update
Star Trekas a franchise looked as if it was going to be as everywhere and in your face as Star Wars at one point, with a planned movie by Quentin Tarantino, a planned fourth movie in the reboot series, a planned Discovery spin-off for Michelle Yeoh, a planned movie by Noah Hawley, a planned Discovery spin-off for Anson Mount, and a planned animated series.
The latter is actually out now (in America), but the rest of the projects seem to be in limbo, with one in particular apparently bottom of the priority list for Paramount's new movie boss.
The Hollywood Reporterstates that the studio's motion picture group president Emma Watts is looking over everything that's in the pipeline, and apparently isn't enamoured with Hawley's proposed plot about a killer virus, given the current climate.
The publication and its sources are unsure whether the Fargo and Legion boss will work on something else for the franchise, or move onto something else entirely.
There are no updates on any of the other projects from the report, with the last we've heard about the most intriguing one being that Quentin Tarantino is "steering away" from that project, and plans to bow out of the filmmaking business once he's made his tenth movie, which is likely to be Kill Bill vol 3.
Regarding the fourth reboot movie (which we assumed was the one that Hawley was working on, but apparently not), star Simon Pegg feels like it won't happen because they don't make the kind of money Marvel movies make.
Star Trek: Lower Decks is now streaming on CBS All Access in the US.
Digital Spy has launched its first-ever digital magazine with exclusive features, interviews, and videos. Access this edition with a 1-month free trial, only on Apple News+.
Interested in Digital Spy's weekly newsletter? Sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
This commenting section is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information on their web site.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks