Star Trek: Discovery – Alex Kurtzman and writers planning for a 4th season
Alex Kurtzman and his writers are planning on a fourth season for the CBS All Access series, Star Trek: Discovery.
There seems to be a strong impression that Star Trek: Discovery will get a fourth season over at CBS All Access. That’s the impression that Alex Kurtzman is operating under. Speaking to Gold Derby about the Emmy nominations that Star Trek got, Kurtzman revealed that he’s already writing and creating new episodes for the next season.
While he didn’t specifically say Discovery was getting a fourth season, or that the episodes were specifically for a fourth season, it seems pretty obvious that’s what he meant. As TrekMovie.com put it;
While a lot of fans ware hoping for Kurtzman to be outed by those in power at CBS, the more than likely truth is that he’s well-liked and isn’t going anywhere. While there are concerns over the Star Trek brand and rumors about turmoil in the creative process, the facts are pretty obvious that new Trek will continue to be created under Kurtzman’s vision.
While most fans are going to give Strange New Worlds a shot, and there are more fans for Picard than Discovery, Discovery was seen as a show on its last legs with all the delays and reshoots that went into season three. A fourth season would be huge for the series, as it shows that despite its critics it can still persist.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks