Alex Kurtzman says Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to begin filming 2021
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds won’t begin filming until 2021.
Fans hoping for Anson Mount’s return as the captain of U.S.S. Enterprise will have to wait until mid-to-late 2021 at the earliest to see it. His return as Captain Pike in the upcoming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds series isn’t expected to start filming until 2021. That according to franchise head Alex Kurtzman.
Speaking with Gold Derby (interview below) about the Emmy’s and what it was like to create the new Star Trek universe, Kurtzman revealed that while working on the scripts for Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Discovery, that Star Trek: Strange New Worlds won’t begin filming until 2021 at the earliest, hopefully earlier rather than sooner in the year.
Kurtzman told Gold Derby;
The Strange New World series is one of the few shows that have garnered more positive vibes than negative from the fanbase, with regards to the modern Star Trek series. It’s very hyped and with Mount being as beloved was seen as the perfect “bridge-show” to attract new and old fans alike.
Interestingly enough, despite Section 31 having rumors that claim it’s been canceled by CBS, Kurtzman naming the project in his script creations was interesting. While that doesn’t mean that they’re doing the series still, it also means that they’re at least preparing for it. A strong sign that the series has not been canceled yet if at all, because why would Kurtzman be working on scripts for a series that won’t happen?
It will be interesting to see what news comes out about Section 31 in the coming months.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks