Watch Star Trek: Lower Decks Premiere For Free
The premiere of Star Trek: Lower Decksis now available for free online, so those without a CBS All Access subscription can get in on the fun aboard the USS Cerritos. The show is the latest in the Star Trek universe for CBS All Access, joining the likes of Discovery and Picard. It's largely destined to be locked behind the subscription service's paywall, but it's not uncommon for premiere episodes to be made free to entice new subscribers.
That's now the case for Lower Decks, with the first episode available for free on YouTube. CBS All Access made it available on the site on August 13, although it's only expected to be there for a limited time. The second episode of the series debuted on CBS All-Access on the same date the premiere was made available on YouTube, further incentivizing YouTube viewers to subscribe to the service. As of early Saturday afternoon, over 1.25 million have tuned in on YouTube.
This is not the first time the Star Trek television universe has been used in this type of marketing, as the first episode of Picard was also made available for free on YouTube for a short time. Picard star Patrick Stewart also made a video promoting a free month of CBS All-Access at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
Lower Decks premiered on August 6 and is scheduled to run for ten episodes during its first season, with a new episode coming out on CBS All Access every Thursday. It'll be interesting to see if the free episode on YouTube drives more interest for Star Trek: Lower Decks this season.
Source: CBS All Access/YouTube
More on this: 569 stories
- Are the Star Trek Movies Cancelled or Not?
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Pitched the Ultimate Q Adventure for His Movies
- Star Trek Director Wanted Q In Next Generation Movies
- Doctor Who vs. Star Trek: Which UNIVERSE Is More Dangerous?
- Star Trek Discovery: 10 Things You Didn't Know About The Kelpiens
- Star Trek: celebrate your victories with a bottle of Klingon Bloodwine
- Patrick Stewart & Mark Hamill Face-Off In Bizarre Uber Eats Commercial
- Paramount Breaks The Silence On Rumors Of No More Star Trek Movies
- Paramount's Reportedly Given Up On Making Star Trek Movies
- Paramount Reportedly Still Making Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie
- No More Star Trek Movies? Future Of Franchise May Be Strictly Television
- Star Trek 4 Rumored To Be Cancelled, No More Movies In Development
- Star Wars' Mark Hamill, Star Trek's Patrick Stewart Face Off in Uber Eats Commercial
- Star Trek 6 Still Holds A Franchise Record 30 Years Later
- Mark Hamill and Sir Patrick Stewart row over tomatoes in UberEats ad
- A cat named Grudge is beaming into 'Star Trek: Discovery' season 3
- Star Trek: 10 Best Costumes, Ranked
- Star Trek: 10 Greatest Villains, Ranked
- Star Trek 4 Said To Be Canceled, Paramount Reportedly No Longer Making Trek Movies
- Star Trek actors encourage fans to act to create a real Star Trek future
- Star Trek's Captain Janeway is Pirate Queen of The Mirror Universe
- New Star Trek Movie Reboot Is an Argument for Why All Humanity Should Unite
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Remixes an Iconic Line From the Franchise
- Star Trek TNG Almost Had A Different Data
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Introduces a New Starfleet Division