Star Trek: Shorts Now Available To Stream For Free
All six installments in the series Star Trek: Short Treks will be available to stream for free. The collection of original short stories is a part of CBS All Access' Star Trek universe. Short Treks first premiered in 2018, and served to further delve into Star Trek: Discovery's characters, lore, and themes. The anthology web series was created by Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller. The show consists of live-action shorts, as well as animated ones. While the show supplements the currently ongoing, primary Star Trek shows, they aren't necessary for understanding the main plot lines. Short Treks features characters and references from both the newer shows, as well as the older ones.
CBS All Access announced all six shorts in the latest iteration of Short Treks will be available to stream for free until August 31. The release of these six shorts is part of the campaign showing support for the shorts' Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series Emmy nomination. Each short is around 10 to 15 minutes long, and are standalone stories. They are available for streaming on CBS.com, the CBS mobile app, and YouTube.
The six shorts are titled "Q&A," "The Trouble with Edward," "Ask Not," "The Girl Who Made the Stars," "Ephraim and Dot," and finally, "Children of Mars." Alex Kurtzman, Olatunde Osunsanmi, Frank Siracusa, Heather Kadin, Akiva Goldsman, John Weber, Rod Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth all serve as executive producers. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios, in association with Roddenberry Entertainment and Secret Hideout.
As previously stated, Star Trek: Short Treks will only be available for free until August 31, so this is the perfect time for any Star Trek fans who haven't watched them yet to catch up on the stories. This is an exciting time for Star Trek fans, with simultaneously running series like Star Trek: Picard and Discovery, along with the newly released Star Trek: Lower Decks.
Source: CBS All Access
More on this: 558 stories
- Star Trek TNG Almost Had A Different Data
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Introduces a New Starfleet Division
- Discovery Brings Back A Big Star Trek Element In Season 3
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Wil Wheaton's proud of Wesley's legacy
- Star Trek: Noah Hawley's Movie Will Question Humanity's Role in the Federation
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Which Star Trek TOS Character Is Your Soulmate, Based On Your Zodiac?
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020