Daniel Dae Kim to Lead All-Star Recreation of ‘The Adventures of Superman’ 1940s Radio Serial
Daniel Dae Kim will lead an all-star cast in a recreation of the original “The Adventures of Superman” radio serial during the second installment of DC FanDome, Warner Bros. announced Friday.
Kim will voice Superman in the one-hour production, which is being produced using original scripts recently found in Warner Bros. archives. The event is being held in support of The Creative Coalition, a Hollywood nonprofit that aims to address entertainment industry issues as well as urgent social issues.
Joining Kim in the production is Wilson Cruz (“Star Trek: Discovery”), current Creative Coalition president Tim Daly (“Madam Secretary’), Jason Alexander, Troian Bellisario (“Pretty Little Liars”), Erich Bergen (“Madam Secretary”), Anthony Carrigan (“Barry”), Terry Crews (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), Sam Daly (“Hunters”), Lea DeLaria (“Orange Is the New Black”), Giancarlo Esposito, Sean Giambrone (“The Goldbergs”), Nicholas Gonzalez (“The Good Doctor”), Jason Isaacs (“Star Trek: Discover”), Richard Kind (“American Dad”), Eric McCormack (“Will and Grace”), Dean Norris (“Breaking Bad”), CCH Pounder (“NCIS: New Orleans”), Anthony Rapp (“Star Trek: Discovery”), Yolonda Ross (“Black Lightning”), Caterina Scorsone (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Tony Shalhoub (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”), Tamara Tunie (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”), Henry Winkler, Alfre Woodard, and Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”).
The performance of “The Adventures of Superman” will be available beginning on demand for 24 hours beginning Sept. 12 at 10:00 AM as part of DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse, the second installment of the successful virtual Comic-Con alternative, which debuted in August. The event can be accessed at DCFanDome.com.
“We are thrilled to join comic fans and creators at DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse to bring the original Superman to life and celebrate the arts,” The Creative Coalition CEO Robin Bronk said in a statement. “We encourage Superman fans to learn more about The Creative Coalition’s mission to support the arts by visiting TheCreativeCoalition.org. We are grateful to Warner Bros. and DC for supporting that work.”
Airing from 1940-1951, “The Adventures of Superman” was notable for introducing several core concepts which have since become core elements of the Superman mythology. Among them were the iconic “Up in the sky! Look! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Superman!” catchphrase, the element kryptonite, and Superman’s friend Jimmy Olsen. The show is also widely credited with destroying the reputation of the Ku Klux Klan and causing membership to plummet, thanks to a 1946 storyline in which Superman took on the racist terrorist organization.
You can see a trailer for DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse, below:
More on this: 562 stories
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew