Star Trek: Discovery's Kenneth Mitchell Plays a New (Human) Character in Season 3
After donning makeup and prosthetics to play three different Klingons during the first two seasons of Star Trek: Discovery, Kenneth Mitchell will soon get to show his own face in the series. The actor has confirmed that he will be playing a new, human character when Discovery returns for Season 3 next month.
"I'm playing a human character," Mitchell said in an interview with the official Star Trek Magazine. "It's beautiful, and I'm excited for the fans to meet him. I am also thankful for the continued support of Alex [Kurtzman], Michelle Paradise, Olatunde [Osunanmi], Jonathan Frakes and everyone at Secret Hideout, who made it happen for me."Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
In Star Trek: Discovery Season 1, Mitchell played the Klingon warrior known as Kol. In Season 2, he returned to play not only the Klingon warrior Kol-Sha, Kol's father, but also the Klingon monk known as Tenavik. Mitchell filmed his scenes as Kol-Sha and Tenavik in 2018 after being diagnosed with ALS that same year -- a diagnosis he went public with earlier this year. Mitchell is perhaps best known for his roles on the television shows Jericho and The Astronaut Wives Club, as well as in the 2004 film Miracle. He also briefly appeared in the 2019 Marvel Studios film Captain Marvel as Joe Danvers, the father of main protagonist Carol Danvers.
Streaming on CBS All Access, Star Trek: Discovery stars Sonequa Martin-Green as Commander Michael Burnham, Doug Jones as Commander Saru, Anthony Rapp as Lt. Commander Paul Stamets, Mary Wiseman as Ensign Sylvia Tilly, Shazad Latif as Ash Tyler, Wilson Cruz as Dr. Hugh Culber, Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike, Mary Chieffo as L'Rell, Tig Notaro as Chief Engineer Reno, Ethan Peck as Spock, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou. Seasons 1 and 2 are available now, with Season 3 premiering on Oct. 15.
(via TrekCore)About The Author
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks