The hunt for the real Gabriel Lorca should be explored in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
With the whereabouts of the real Gabriel Lorca, played by Jason Isaacs, a bit of a mystery, the new series should take a look into resolving that story arc.
Star Trek actor Gabriel Lorca took part in the Dragon Con Goes Virtual event on Saturday and the topic of his involvement as prime and mirror universe’s Gabriel Lorca came up. Lorca was a character on season one of Star Trek: Discovery, but near the end of the season, it was revealed that Lorca was actually the mirror universe’s version. The mirror universe is essentially a parallel universe where everyone good is bad and vise versa. With Star Trek: Strange New Worlds set to debut and focus set to be on the U.S.S. Enterprise pre-James Kirk, it’s possible the series explores concepts that Discovery had set up. Like where is the real Gabriel Lorca? So when a fan asked Lorca if he’d ever show up as his prime universe counterpart, Lorca was quick to respond;
This has prompted many fans to wonder when and where Lorca will pop back up. With the Discovery series moving into the future, it’s unlikely that this specific show will revisit the storyline idea. Which makes sense, as Lorca would be stuck in a different century anyway. So what needs to happen to see the return of Lorca to Trek canon?
Have the new Star Trek show Strange New Worlds explore the concept. Issacs has been a big proponent of the Star Trek writing crew and has expressed a desire to return to the universe as Lorca. So the possibility that he’d show up in Strange New Worlds is a possible one.
Considering that past Star Trek shows have explored and played with story arcs from other shows in their shared canon, it makes a lot of sense that they’d do it this time around as well. Whether or not Isaacs actually reprises his role as Lorca is anyone’s guess but if the folks behind Star Trek are smart, they’d let the Strange New Worlds cast and crew be the ones to bring the “where is Lorca?” styrline to life.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks