Number One has mind-blowing backstory in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Number One is expected to get a “mind-blowing” backstory in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Not much is known about Number One but in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds fans may be in for a “mind-blowing” storyline. Played in the upcoming series by Rebecca Romijn, she took part in the Star Trek Day: Strange New Worlds panel on Sep 8 for Star Trek Day and talked about the upcoming show, how the storyline was constructed, among other minor points. She was joined by fellow stars Anson Mount (Captain Pike), and Ethan Peck (Spock for the panel. They weren’t the only three there, however.
Also appearing on the digital panel were executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers, along with co-executive producers Akela Cooper and Davy Perez. With the panel being moderated by Mica Burton.
On the panel, the minds behind the show stressed that it would return to its mission-of-the-week format but would also include some overarching narrative points. As for Romijn and her “mind blowing backstory”, this is what she had to say on the matter;
Set before the events of Star Trek: The Original Series, the show will explore Captain Pike, James Kirk’s predecessor as Captain of the Enterprise, as well as his crew of Starfleet officers that include Number One and Spock. They’ll do what the show title suggests, explore strange and new worlds.
A relatively novel idea, as Pike and Number One, were originally set to be the stars of the Star Trek series in the ’60s. Reshoots and recastings by Gene Roddenberry saw most of the original group leave, but one character remained; Spock. The footage was eventually repurposed into an episode, The Cage and depicted events of Pike’s time as Captain shortly Kirk took over. Now Strange New Worlds will look to further explore an interesting nugget in Trek lore.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks