Star Trek Discovery Comes to Star Trek: Fleet Command
Timed perfectly with Star Trek Day on Tuesday, Star Trek: Discovery is now a part of Star Trek: Fleet Command. Scopely introduced the Star Trek: Discovery Arc to Star Trek: Fleet Command, making it the first non-Kelvin Timeline Star Trek property to become a part of the game. The new Discovery Arc offers the USS Discovery as a ship, Discovery officers including Michael Burnham and Saru, a Battle Pass that offers new content and resources, and Anomaly Events that allow players to enter battle alongside the Discovery for a limited time. This marks the first time that a mobile game has featured Prime Timeline Star Trek and Kelvin Timeline Star Trek together.
Scopely and ViacomCBS Consumer Products announced previously that Star Trek's original timeline and the Kelvin Timeline of the rebooted Star Trek film series will appear together in Star Trek: Fleet Command going forward, making it the first and only mobile game to include the complete Star Trek Universe from Gene Roddenberry's original Star Trek to the CBS All Access original series Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard (another mobile game, Star Trek Timelines, includes characters from across all of the television franchise, but not from the Kelvin Timeline movies). The influx of television series content creates myriad opportunities for new storylines, characters, ships, and more as part of the MMO/strategy game, which, until now, has exclusively featured Kelvin Timeline characters.
"With over 50 years of content to draw from, this expanded partnership with ViacomCBS Consumer Products marks the first time all of these iconic Star Trek stories, characters, and universes will find a home in one immersive experience," said Steve Huff, Senior Vice President of Product at Scopely in a statement. "We're honored to be deepening our collaboration with ViacomCBS Consumer Products and contributing to the legacy of Star Trek through our shared mission of delivering an exceptional experience to fans all over the world, for many years to come."
"Star Trek is a multi-generational franchise that continues to generate new iterations to meet the needs of its ever-growing loyal and passionate fan base," said Pam Kaufman, President, Global Consumer Products, ViacomCBS. "With this first-of-its-kind partnership, we are able to harness the combined power of the beloved brand to give gamers a unique opportunity to create their own new adventures utilizing an exciting title from an exceptional partner like Scopely."
In Star Trek: Fleet Command players choose their crew, the missions they take on, and the alliances they form. Choices made in-game will impact how new storylines intersect as new content begins to roll out over the coming months.
Star Trek: Fleet Command is created and published by Scopely and DIGIT, a Scopely Studio, and is available as a free download on iOS via the App Store and on Android via Google Play.
More on this: 562 stories
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew