Star Trek: Discovery season 3 trailer reveals the collapse of the Federation
We have a dramatic new trailer for Star Trek: Discoveryseason three, which features the collapse of the Federation.
Blasting over 930 years into the future, the likes of Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) and Saru (Doug Jones) come to learn that at some point, "the galaxy took a hard left".
Mysterious newbie Cleveland 'Book' Booker (David Ajala) speaks of 'The Burn' – the cause of this catastrophe – and now it's our heroes' job to kickstart the rebuild.
The trailer also focuses on the sense of community between Discovery's crew, and reveals a brand new logo for the series.
Speaking during a Star Trek Day panel, executive producer Alex Kurtzman explained that the show's previous logo was meant to evoke the war with the Klingon Empire, which was a key element of season 1 and 2's storylines.
Meanwhile, Michelle Yeoh, who plays Philippa Georgiou, has teased a head-to-head battle against Burnham in this dark future, after her character was removed from her Mirror Universe for a second time.
"I think she's really pissed off," she stated. "It's like, Michael Burnham, don't get in my way! Emperor Georgiou, Captain Georgiou, she is one that always finds her way into adapting because she is a survivor with many skills, and a formidable ally or enemy."
Yeoh went on to elaborate: "So, she goes in feeling very pissed off, but I'm sure, very quickly she'll find a way around.
"Power is something, inherently, she has. She doesn't even seek it. She just has it. Scary, huh?"
Digital Spy has launched its first-ever digital magazine with exclusive features, interviews, and videos. Access this edition with a 1-month free trial, only on Apple News+.
Interested in Digital Spy's weekly newsletter? Sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks