Star Trek: The Pod Directive Podcast
Yesterday, CBS Television Studios and Star Trek Global Franchise Group announced the Star Trek: The Pod Directive podcast, which will premiere on Monday, September 14.
“Announced earlier today by Tawny Newsome during the Star Trek: Lower Decks panel as part of Star Trek Day, Paul F. Tompkins (BoJack Horseman, Comedy Bang Bang) joins Newsome as co-host on the podcast.
“With unparalleled access to Star Trek luminaries, celebrity super-fans and behind-the-scenes creative professionals, Star Trek: The Pod Directive takes a smart, witty and thoughtful look at all things ‘Trek’ – both old and new. Offering a high-level discussion of the themes, ideas and characters that resonate across the history of the franchise’s storied universe, episodes will also explore the brand’s fifty-plus-year legacy and influence. Each episode features an in-depth personal interview with a notable guest, coverage of a Star Trek event or a discussion of a specific topic with one or more guests.
“Guests will include Ben Stiller (actor/producer), Reza Aslan (author/commentator), Michelle Hurd (actor, Star Trek: Picard), Kendra James (managing editor, StarTrek.com), Angelica Bastien (staff writer, Vulture), Mike McMahan (creator/executive producer/showrunner, Star Trek: Lower Decks), Stacey Abrams (politician/activist), Tig Notaro (comedian/actor, Star Trek: Discovery), Samantha Cristoforetti (ESA astronaut), Bill McKibben (author/environmentalist/activist) and Jeff Russo (producer/composer, Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek Short Treks). New episodes will drop weekly on Mondays through Nov. 9.
Fans can subscribe to or download Star Trek: The Pod Directive via StarTrek.com as well as Apple Podcasts, Spotify or other podcasting apps.
Tawny Newsome is a sketch/improv comedian who wrote and performed her work on the Second City Mainstage in Chicago, and co-hosts the popular comedy-meets-culture podcast Yo, Is This Racist? Newsome has also appeared on IFC‘s Brockmire, Bajillion Dollar Propertie$, The Carmichael Show, Documentary Now and Sherman’s Showcase, and currently voices Ensign Mariner on Star Trek: Lower Decks for CBS All Access.
Paul F. Tompkins is a comedian and actor. Most recently, Tompkins was the voice of Mr. Peanutbutter on the Netflix animated series BoJack Horseman and currently co-hosts the Threedom podcast with Scott Aukerman and Lauren Lapkus.”
Source: Press Release
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 562 stories
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew