Star Trek Producer Pushing For Crossover
One of the Star Trek television franchise's producers is pushing for the first crossover story of the CBS All Access era. Akiva Goldsman worked on Star Trek: Discovery, co-created Star Trek: Picard, and is the creator of the upcoming seriesStar Trek: Strange New Worlds. The series focuses on the crew of the USS Enterprise during Capt. Christopher Pike's time in command of the vessel. That includes Rebecca Romijn reprising her role as Number One after debuting as the character in Star Trek: Discovery's second season. Romjin happens to be married to Jerry O'Connell, who voices First Officer Jack Ransom in Star Trek: Lower Decks.
During the Strange New Worlds virtual panel on Star Trek Day, Goldsman revealed that he is pushing to get these two first officers together in a crossover between Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Star Trek: Lower Decks. "I do want to want to be clear, without violating any confidentiality agreements, that I have already begun advocating for the crossover episode," Goldsman said.
Goldsman's comment came after Romijn explained the atmosphere in her home. "It is nonstop competition at our house. We can't stop letting each other know that we are the best -- I let him know over and over again that I am the best 'number one.' He has brought it to my attention that 'number one' means you're second in command, which I've explained to him that I am second in command to our cat, ironically, whose name is Captain. He's the only one who I'm second-in-command. I am the better Number One. I've let him know. It's official, in our house. I don't want to tick off Jonathan Frakes."
Before Lower Decks' premiere, ComicBook.com spoke to O'Connell. He commented on his "Number One" household, which includes himself and his wife. He extended that even to Frakes, the Star Trek: The Next Generation alum he formed a friendship with while working together on other television shows. He was less willing to comment on who is the superior first officer.
"Listen, people have seen my wife playing Numer One on Pike, and they really liked it and everything," he said. "Lower Decks hasn't come out yet. I just want to make sure everybody's happy before I start saying who's a better number one, me or Pike's Number One. I don't want trouble at home."
Star Trek: Lower Decks debuts new episodes Thursdays on CBS All Access. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds begins filming in 2021.
More on this: 562 stories
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew