Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
Star Trek: The Next Generation star Wil Wheaton would love to reprise his role as Wesley Crusher in Star Trek: Picard. While coming back in the animated comedyStar Trek: Lower Decks would only require Wheaton's voice performance, the actor says he'd be eager to work with Patrick Stewart in live-action on Star Trek: Picard. "Oh, yeah," he tells Trek Movie. "If they were interested in me, I would do absolutely everything I could to get to "yes." If I got to work with Patrick again and if I had the privilege of performing in a scene with him again, it would be such a gift and such a blessing. That would be an amazing, amazing experience that I would absolutely love to happen."
There's no way of knowing if the writers and producers of Star Trek: Picard have plans for Wesley Crusher. However, when ComicBook.com spoke to Wheaton's former Next Generation co-star Jonathan Frakes earlier this year, he seemed confident that there'd be more Next Generation characters in the CBS All Access series's future seasons.
"I do expect to be back to direct the show, and I also think it'd be a good bet that we'll some other members of Next Gen because I think the 'Nepenthe' test went very well," Frakes says. Frakes both directed episodes of Star Trek: Picard's first season and appeared in the episode titled "Nepenthe," alongside The Next Generation's Marina Sirtis, and the show's first season finale. "I think to see if there was an appetite. I think they suspected there was, but I think to see if it would resonate to have Picard reunite with some of the people in a creative way. I'm glad we didn't come back on the Titan, for instance, that we were found on another part [of the universe]. It's 33 years or something. As Picard as changed, so has Riker and Troi and so has Seven."
LeVar Burton, another Next Generation star, hinted in the past at his possible return as Geordi La Forge in Picard. "How do I answer this without getting myself in trouble? I think it is reasonable to think that those people are still a part of Picard's life," Burton said. "Sure, what the hell, absolutely... You will see us all, probably not all at the same time but... You know, never say never.
"I have suggested to the producers that perhaps we find Geordi in a position where he is teaching, passing that knowledge on to another generation of people. We'll see. Alex [Kurtzman] and the folks in charge [are] doing an amazing job. When they call, and whatever it is they want me to do, I'm pretty sure It's going to be spectacular."
All of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the first season of Star Trek: Picard are streaming now on CBS All Access.
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks
- 5 Most Likable Characters (& 5 Fans Can't Stand)