Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
Wil Wheaton has made it known that he’d love to return as Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: Picard. The first season of Sir Patrick Stewart’s big comeback as Jean-Luc featured a few familiar faces from 90s Trek, with the door left open for more The Next Generation stars to turn up in future outings. It doesn’t sound like a return for Wheaton is on the cards right now, but he’d certainly be up for it.
Wheaton – who hosts Trek aftershow The Ready Room – told TrekMovie.com that he’d jump at the chance to act opposite Stewart again for the first time since 2002’s Star Trek: Nemesis, saying:
The actor has also said that he’d like to play Wesley again in the Lower Decks animated series, which is set one year after the events of Nemesis. A return on either show would help clarify exactly what happened to the character, too, as in TNG season 7, he left Starfleet to travel other planes of existence with The Traveler. However, a Nemesis deleted scene had him about to serve with Riker on the U.S.S. Titan. This is generally considered to be non-canon as it was omitted, but a return for Wesley could provide a definitive answer.
While Wheaton is keeping his fingers crossed, we may know at least a couple of TNG stars who will be appearing in Picard season 2. Stewart asked Whoopi Goldberg to return as Guinan on live TV, which she tearily agreed to, while LeVar Burton has confirmed he’s had talks to come back as Geordi La Forge as well. Meanwhile, more of Jonathan Frakes as Riker and Marina Sirtis as Troi seems a safe bet, too.
The last we heard,Star Trek: Picardseason 2 was due to start shooting this fall. Meanwhile, Lower Decks continues weekly on CBS All Access, until Discovery season 3 premieres on October 15th.
More on this: 771 stories
- Exclusive Star Trek: Discovery Clip—Michael and Tilly Reunite
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: Every Change To Earth In The 32nd Century
- Star Trek: Discovery's Newest Crew Member Has a Deep Space Nine-Era Link
- How Star Trek Discovery Will Connect to TOS Despite 930-Year Time Jump
- Guillermo del Toro Frankenstein Was "Hauntingly Beautiful" Says Doug Jones
- The list of strongest ships on Star Trek.com favors villains over Starfleet
- Star Trek and Amazon Team Up for Monthlong Celebration in November
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3, Episode 3, Recap & Spoilers
- Star Trek: Discovery Finally Reveals Its New Captain
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Discusses This Week's Big Moment for Saru
- Star Trek: Discovery Recap: "People of Earth" Hits Home Hard
- Star Trek: Every New Discovery Reveal About The Burn Explained
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine would have been so different with these actors
- Star Trek: Discovery leap to future a permanent change to series
- Star Trek: Picard Novel Details Riker, Troi's Post-TNG Adventures
- Marvel's Shang-Chi star praises crew after 'marathon' shoot
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3