Chris Pine, Thandie Newton Thriller ‘All the Old Knives’ to Be Produced, Financed by Amazon Studios
Amazon Studios has boarded “All the Old Knives,” starring Chris Pine and Thandie Newton, an individual with knowledge of the deal told TheWrap.
“All the Old Knives” is based on the acclaimed novel of the same name by Olen Steinhauer, who adapted the screenplay for the big screen. Janus Metz (“ZeroZeroZero”) will direct.
The film will be produced with Chockstone Pictures and Nick Wechsler Productions in association with Entertainment One (eOne). Chockstone Pictures’ Steve Schwartz and Paula Mae Schwartz, Nick Wechsler and Jackson Pictures’ Matt Jackson are producing, while Pine is executive producing through his Barry Linen Productions, alongside Joanne Lee of Jackson Pictures, Kate Churchill of Churchill Films, Richard Hewitt and Mark Gordon.
Ex-lovers Henry and Celia, one a CIA spy, the other an ex-spy, meet over dinner in Carmel-by-the-Sea to reminisce on their time in Vienna. As the conversation continues, it becomes clear that one of them is not going to survive the meal.
Newton is currently nominated for a 2020 Emmy Award in the category Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her work on HBO’s “Westworld.” She won the 2018 Emmy for her work on the show. She will next star in Lisa Joy’s “Reminiscence” alongside Hugh Jackman and was in production on “God’s Country” before the shutdown.
Pine is best known for his role as Captain James T. Kirk in JJ Abrams’ “Star Trek” trilogy. Next, he will star in the “Wonder Woman” sequel, as well as the action thriller “Violence of Action” opposite Ben Foster.
Newton is repped by Untitled Entertainment, WME and Independent Talent Group. Pine is repped by CAA, John Carrabino Management and Gendler & Kelly.
More on this: 771 stories
- Exclusive Star Trek: Discovery Clip—Michael and Tilly Reunite
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: Every Change To Earth In The 32nd Century
- Star Trek: Discovery's Newest Crew Member Has a Deep Space Nine-Era Link
- How Star Trek Discovery Will Connect to TOS Despite 930-Year Time Jump
- Guillermo del Toro Frankenstein Was "Hauntingly Beautiful" Says Doug Jones
- The list of strongest ships on Star Trek.com favors villains over Starfleet
- Star Trek and Amazon Team Up for Monthlong Celebration in November
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3, Episode 3, Recap & Spoilers
- Star Trek: Discovery Finally Reveals Its New Captain
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Discusses This Week's Big Moment for Saru
- Star Trek: Discovery Recap: "People of Earth" Hits Home Hard
- Star Trek: Every New Discovery Reveal About The Burn Explained
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine would have been so different with these actors
- Star Trek: Discovery leap to future a permanent change to series
- Star Trek: Picard Novel Details Riker, Troi's Post-TNG Adventures
- Marvel's Shang-Chi star praises crew after 'marathon' shoot
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3