Noah Hawley’s new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
Speaking to Variety, Noah Hawley’s new Star Trek would not feature the previous cast and crew from the J.J. Abrams reboot.
If you were hoping for Noah Hawley’s project to go through because you thought he would bring back Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, and the rest of the Kelvin Timeline crew, well, sorry to burst your bubble. Had Hawley’s project gotten the go-ahead, this would’ve been a brand new Star Trek crew, one that didn’t’ feature James T. Kirk or Jean-Luc Picard.
That’s right, a brand new, all original cast for a new Star Trek film. That’s pretty bonkers to think about, but that’s what Hawley wanted to do. Hawley likens it to what he did with the Fargo television series, how he moved it away from the film, and mad the series it’s own thing. That’s what he was hoping to do with his Star Trek film project.
Emphasis on was.
Speaking to Variety, Hawley revealed his intentions with the new Trek film, saying;
Variety then goes on to write that Hawley claimed his project is still “alive” but “in stasis”.
That sounds pretty dead to many. After all, how much stuff do you have put away that will ever be used again? You don’t put things “in stasis” or away in storage if they have value in the present. Hawley’s film got shelves and that’s a good thing.
Hollywood is besieged by unoriginal ideas that keep popping up. Trying to take what worked for Fargo and adapting that to Star Trek is not an original take. It’s J.J. Abrams doing a remake of Wrath of Khan. We don’t need another filmmaker taking over a property who only knows how to tell stories one way.
It’s time for Paramount to jettison Hawley’s script idea for good.
More on this: 771 stories
- Exclusive Star Trek: Discovery Clip—Michael and Tilly Reunite
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: Every Change To Earth In The 32nd Century
- Star Trek: Discovery's Newest Crew Member Has a Deep Space Nine-Era Link
- How Star Trek Discovery Will Connect to TOS Despite 930-Year Time Jump
- Guillermo del Toro Frankenstein Was "Hauntingly Beautiful" Says Doug Jones
- The list of strongest ships on Star Trek.com favors villains over Starfleet
- Star Trek and Amazon Team Up for Monthlong Celebration in November
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3, Episode 3, Recap & Spoilers
- Star Trek: Discovery Finally Reveals Its New Captain
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Discusses This Week's Big Moment for Saru
- Star Trek: Discovery Recap: "People of Earth" Hits Home Hard
- Star Trek: Every New Discovery Reveal About The Burn Explained
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine would have been so different with these actors
- Star Trek: Discovery leap to future a permanent change to series
- Star Trek: Picard Novel Details Riker, Troi's Post-TNG Adventures
- Marvel's Shang-Chi star praises crew after 'marathon' shoot
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3