New Star Trek Movie Reboot Is an Argument for Why All Humanity Should Unite
While the Star Trek franchise continues to flourish, the status of the series on the big screen has been stuck in limbo for years. Currently, three possible Star Trek movie scripts are said to be under consideration, with fans most familiar with Fargo creator Noah Hawley's script that has drawn a lot of interest from the studio. In an interview, Hawley explained what the principal theme behind his take on Star Trek is going to be.
The script from Noah Hawley appears to be a deconstruction of sorts of the Star Trek universe and the ideals that drive the franchise. Something similar happened recently with the TV show Star Trek: Picard, where an aging Captain Jean-Luc Picard, played by Patrick Stewart, is shown rebelling against the ideals and values that he once held dear as a Starfleet captain.
Recently, Hawley had indicated his Star Trek 4 reboot has definitely not been abandoned, but simply put in stasis. When the film does finally get made, don't expect it to be a retread of the storylines about Captain Kirk or Picard or their crew, since Hawley says he wants to approach the franchise in a different manner.
While Star Trek is a beloved franchise, it was never a money-spinner in the same way as Star Wars or the MCU. That is why Simon Pegg, who appeared in the Star Trek movies, had once bluntly stated that the films had not made enough money to justify new installments.
Still, you won't be able to pry a franchise out of Hollywood's hands with a shovel. As long as the fandom is there, new Star Trek movies will continue to get made. Hopefully, Hawley's script will be able to breathe fresh life into the series and bring the same kind of critical acclaim to the franchise that Fargo enjoys among critics. This news comes from Entertainment Tonight.
More on this: 771 stories
- Exclusive Star Trek: Discovery Clip—Michael and Tilly Reunite
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: Every Change To Earth In The 32nd Century
- Star Trek: Discovery's Newest Crew Member Has a Deep Space Nine-Era Link
- How Star Trek Discovery Will Connect to TOS Despite 930-Year Time Jump
- Guillermo del Toro Frankenstein Was "Hauntingly Beautiful" Says Doug Jones
- The list of strongest ships on Star Trek.com favors villains over Starfleet
- Star Trek and Amazon Team Up for Monthlong Celebration in November
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3, Episode 3, Recap & Spoilers
- Star Trek: Discovery Finally Reveals Its New Captain
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Discusses This Week's Big Moment for Saru
- Star Trek: Discovery Recap: "People of Earth" Hits Home Hard
- Star Trek: Every New Discovery Reveal About The Burn Explained
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine would have been so different with these actors
- Star Trek: Discovery leap to future a permanent change to series
- Star Trek: Picard Novel Details Riker, Troi's Post-TNG Adventures
- Marvel's Shang-Chi star praises crew after 'marathon' shoot
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3