Paramount Reportedly Still Making Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek Movie
The rumors heralding the demise of the cinematic Star Trek franchise may have been premature based on a recent statement by Paramount, but that doesn’t mean we’re even the slightest bit closer to seeing any of the multiple projects currently in various stages of development. In fact, out of the four movies that have been discussed recently, you’d be hard-pressed to guess which one is most likely to make it to the big screen first.
The fourth installment in the Kelvin timeline regained and lost Chris Hemsworth, saw leading man Chris Pine initially walk away before changing his mind and parted ways with director S.J. Clarkson, while Simon Pegg sounded very pessimistic about the rebooted Enterprise crew’s chances of coming back for another adventure.
Noah Hawley was writing a script that would mark another clean slate before that too was put on ice, and veteran Wrath of Khan producer Robert Sallin has also thrown his hat into the ring with a pitch of his own. The most interesting, and therefore the least viable option, though, is the R-rated effort set to be written by Quentin Tarantino that’s said to be a 1930s gangster movie which takes place in outer space.
Tarantino may have flirted with the idea of directing as well, but it never seemed like there was much chance of it actually happening. Now that Paramount have confirmed that all of their cinematic Star Trek output is still in active development, however, that would infer that the Reservoir Dogs filmmaker’s unique spin on the mythology at least remains on the table.
Of course, at this stage, there’s no point in even trying to guess what the future holds for Star Trek in regards to the big screen, but we at least know the studio hasn’t given up on the long-running franchise quite yet.
More on this: 771 stories
- Exclusive Star Trek: Discovery Clip—Michael and Tilly Reunite
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: Every Change To Earth In The 32nd Century
- Star Trek: Discovery's Newest Crew Member Has a Deep Space Nine-Era Link
- How Star Trek Discovery Will Connect to TOS Despite 930-Year Time Jump
- Guillermo del Toro Frankenstein Was "Hauntingly Beautiful" Says Doug Jones
- The list of strongest ships on Star Trek.com favors villains over Starfleet
- Star Trek and Amazon Team Up for Monthlong Celebration in November
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3, Episode 3, Recap & Spoilers
- Star Trek: Discovery Finally Reveals Its New Captain
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Discusses This Week's Big Moment for Saru
- Star Trek: Discovery Recap: "People of Earth" Hits Home Hard
- Star Trek: Every New Discovery Reveal About The Burn Explained
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine would have been so different with these actors
- Star Trek: Discovery leap to future a permanent change to series
- Star Trek: Picard Novel Details Riker, Troi's Post-TNG Adventures
- Marvel's Shang-Chi star praises crew after 'marathon' shoot
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3