Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Episode 1 Images Reveal New Aliens
New images for the first episode of Star Trek: Discovery season 3 shows plenty of Burnham, Book, and some interesting-looking aliens. Back in 2017, Discovery revived the iconic sci-fi franchise on the television side and pushed the boundaries of what a Star Trek show could be like. While some die-hard fans took issue with the action-packed adventures of the new Trek,Discovery season 2 earned back some goodwill, and it looks like season 3 is poised to do the same. Discovery's sophomore outing came to an end all the way back in April 2019, leaving fans waiting well over a year for the conclusion to its game-changing cliffhanger.Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
In order to escape the villainous AI Control, Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) donned a new Red Angel suit and took off for the future. Both her and the USS Discovery crew traveled to the 32nd century, and what follows after has been a big mystery. The trailers for Discovery season 3 have teased a cataclysmic event called the "Burn" that destroyed the Federation some time ago, and it seems like Burnham and her crew are poised to both uncover the circumstances around it and find a way to revive the broken Federation.
Mere days before Discovery season 3 kicks off on CBS All Access (and before it gets rebranded as Paramount+), the streamer has unveiled new images (via SpoilerTV) from the premiere, titled "The Hope That is You: Part 1." They show Burnham after she's crash-landed into the 32nd century, as well as more of her interactions with newcomer Book (David Ajala). Plus, there are some neat aliens on display. Check them out down below.
The first episode of Discovery season 3 looks to largely focus on Burnham as she gets accustomed to her new surroundings. While this doesn't necessarily mean she won't find her crew in the premiere, it does look like CBS All Access wants to keep their reunion a surprise. The Discovery trailers have already confirmed Burnham and the crew will find their ways back to each other; perhaps Book will prove to be a vital ally for Burnham. Based on these images, it looks like he'll be showing her around and acting as a guide to this new time period.
Discovery season 3 is poised to deliver a return to original Star Trek, in which exploration was favored over action. By going even further into the future than the franchise has ever gone before, Discovery can introduce brand new places, aliens (as seen above), and concepts. Already, fans seem to be quite excited about what's to come, so it's a good thing that season 3 begins later this week.
Star Trek: Discovery season 3 premieres Thursday on CBS All Access.
Source: CBS All Access (via SpoilerTV)About The Author
More on this: 758 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3
- Star Trek: Enterprise: Season 5 storylines were already in the works
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Talks Saru's Role In the New Future
- This Star Trek: Discovery Moment is One of the Show's Best
- Star Trek: Discovery 3x03 Photos Reveal Burnham And The Crew's Reunion
- Star Trek: Discovery: The cultural importance of Burnham's braids
- Wil Wheaton recalls how Whoopi Goldberg saved Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek: Discovery - Here's How Long Passed for Burnham in the Time-Jump
- Star Trek: Discovery: Why Detmer Is Acting Strange In Season 3
- Star Trek: Discovery Introduces Parasitic Ice, a Frightening New Life Form
- Star Trek Ranks Its Most Powerful Ships
- Star Trek: Why Discovery Survived An Ice Planet Crash (But Voyager Didn't)
- Star Trek Getting Postal Stamps in the UK
- Janeway Statue Unveiled In Bloomington
- 10 Things That Happened In The Season 3 Premiere That We Loved
- Kate Mulgrew Reveals What It Took For Her To Return As Janeway In Star Trek: Prodigy
- Why Star Trek: Discovery Has So Much Swearing