Star Trek: Discovery season 3 premiere date and info
Star Trek: Discovery’s third season is set to debut this week and this is all you need to know to watch the third season premiere.
The third season of Star Trek: Discovery is finally here. If you’re a fan of the series, this is going to be an exciting week for you. The series will begin airing just as Star Trek: Lower Decks wrapped up airing its inaugural season. So how can you watch Discovery once it begins airing?
Well for viewers in the United States, you can begin watching Star Trek: Discovery’s season premiere on Thursday morning, Oct. 15, 2020, starting at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT. The premiere episode and all others will air exclusively on CBS All Access.
If you live outside of the United States, you’ll have to wait a day. Season three will premiere on Netflix internationally on Friday morning, Oct. 16, 2020, starting at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.
The series will see a big change for season three, with the crew of the Discovery being rocketed into the far future, where the Federation no longer exists. This season will follow a recurring pattern of sorts for the series, which has seen a different tone and format for the first three seasons. While a fourth is in production, it’s not too crazy to assume that season four will feel radically different than season three. The move to the future has allowed the series to move on from following established Star Trek lore and instead focus on creating lore that is unencumbered by decades of established canon.
This will also mark the first season that Alex Kurtzman is the showrunner, as the previous showrunners Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts were fired after season two had wrapped up. Writer Michelle Paradise was promoted to co-showrunner alongside Kurtzman as well for season three.
More on this: 758 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Time Jump Explained by Doug Jones
- Kate Mulgrew's Kathryn Janeway honored in hometown
- Star Trek: Why Captain Janeway Is Perfect For The New Series Prodigy
- Amazon Announces Star Trek Month For November
- Star Trek: Discovery - Saru Earns His Stripes as Captain
- There's Something Wrong Keyla Detmer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks - 10 References You Totally Missed
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoom
- Star Trek Discovery: Airiam Is Still Part Of The Crew In Season 3
- Star Trek: Enterprise: Season 5 storylines were already in the works
- Star Trek: Discovery's Doug Jones Talks Saru's Role In the New Future
- This Star Trek: Discovery Moment is One of the Show's Best
- Star Trek: Discovery 3x03 Photos Reveal Burnham And The Crew's Reunion
- Star Trek: Discovery: The cultural importance of Burnham's braids
- Wil Wheaton recalls how Whoopi Goldberg saved Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek: Discovery - Here's How Long Passed for Burnham in the Time-Jump
- Star Trek: Discovery: Why Detmer Is Acting Strange In Season 3
- Star Trek: Discovery Introduces Parasitic Ice, a Frightening New Life Form
- Star Trek Ranks Its Most Powerful Ships
- Star Trek: Why Discovery Survived An Ice Planet Crash (But Voyager Didn't)
- Star Trek Getting Postal Stamps in the UK
- Janeway Statue Unveiled In Bloomington
- 10 Things That Happened In The Season 3 Premiere That We Loved
- Kate Mulgrew Reveals What It Took For Her To Return As Janeway In Star Trek: Prodigy
- Why Star Trek: Discovery Has So Much Swearing