Star Trek Discovery season 3, episode 2: Saru and Tilly take control in mission to reunite with Burnham
Star Trek: Discovery’s season 3 catches up with the rest of the fleet as they head out on a mission to find Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin Green).
While last week revealed to viewers that Burnham has crash-landed 960 years into the future and forged an alliance with a ‘courier’ named Booker (David Ajala), the fleet are currently none the wiser, and are confused as to where their leader has gone.
Crash landing without her, the team need to rely on each other to figure out what to do next.
With Saru (Doug Jones) in charge, the spaceship is in urgent need of repair if they’re ever to find her, figure out where exactly in the universe they are, and not die from exposure.
No pressure, then.
The desolate planet is not considered a home to many – especially after the effects of The Burn – with a small civilization who call themselves The Colony one of the few groups of people who live there.
Saru and Tilly (Mary Wiseman) broker a deal with the locals to get the technology they need, and learn about the collapse of the Federation.
But they run into trouble in the form of cruel Zareh (Jake Weber) who tracks them down and starts a fight, promising danger for coming into his turf if they don’t do as he asks.
Thankfully, Emperor Georgiou (Michelle Yeoh) was on hand, and after following Saru and Tilly manages to take out the bad guys single-handedly, like the born fighter she is.
While undeniably grateful for saving their lives, it’s clear that Saru and Georgiou are fighting for who is considered alpha in this brand new situation – and who should really be leading the fleet.
Meanwhile, on ship, the team are struggling to get everyone back to health after the crash landing, and are even putting themselves in jeopardy in order to get the ship back in working order.
Thankfully, after a dangerous mission that could have some serious ramifications, the work was completed, just.
However, Discovery is then captured and removed from the land, being brought somewhere new – when a familiar face communicates with them.
It’s Burnham, complete with a brand new look, and beaming after finally finding her team – after searching for more than a year.
What she’s been up to in that year, and what will happen now she’s back with her fleet, we’ll have to wait until next week to find out.
Star Trek: Discovery airs on CBS in the US and Netflix in the UK.
Got A Story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us email@example.com calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.Home › Entertainment › TV
More on this: 762 stories
- Star Trek News: Franchise to get Legacy Award at event and more
- The 'Korra Effect' Keeps Fans Coming Back
- Star Trek: 10 Unpopular Opinions About Enterprise (According To Reddit)
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals an Old Federation Enemy is Now an Ally
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: Mirror Michael Killed Emperor Georgiou's Son
- Star Trek: Voyager Just Turned Seven of Nine Into a Revolutionary
- Star Trek Voyager's "Endgame" Repeated A Season 5 Episode (But Worse)
- Star Trek: Voyager's Seven of Nine Tests Her Humanity in New Comic
- Star Trek To Receive Legacy Award at Critics Choice Super Awards
- Star Trek: Discovery: Who Will Be Saru's New Number One?
- Star Trek: Discovery Continues A Running Deep Space 9 Joke
- Star Trek Discovery: Who Will Be the New Number One?
- Star Trek: Discovery: SPOILER Gets Demoted
- Star Trek Producer Herb Solow Dies at 89
- Herbert F. Solow, Desilu Exec Behind 'Star Trek' and 'Mission: Impossible,' Dies at 89
- Discovery Turns Star Trek's Delta Badges Into 32nd Century iPhones
- Star Trek: 'Burnham Goes Rogue' Has Become Discovery's 'They Shut Down the X-Files'
- 5 of the best Star Trek tweets this week, from fun to history
- Star Trek: Discovery's Best Replacements For Michael As First Officer
- Hero Collector Starships Coming In February 2021
- Stewart And Roddenberry To Receive Awards
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Nominated for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series at Critics Choice Super Awards
- Throwback Thursday: Star Trek TNG's Elementary, Dear Data (S2, Ep 4)
- Star Trek: Every 32nd Century Upgrade To The Discovery
- Nominees For 1st Annual Critics Choice Super Awards Include 'Palm Springs', 'Birds Of Prey', And 'Lovecraft Country'