The list of strongest ships on Star Trek.com favors villains over Starfleet
The villains of Star Trek seem to have the stronger ships according to Star Trek.com with the highest Starfleet vessel coming in at just #13.
Do the starships of Starfleet truly pale in comparison to the rest of the alien forces in Star Trek? That’s what StarTrek.com claims. Since they are the official home of Star Trek, it would make sense for them to have reliable takes on the series and ships wherein. Yet, according to them, there are 12 more powerful ships than the most powerful Starfleet vessel. That ship is to no one’s surprise, the U.S.S. Enterprise-E. As this is the ship that led the battle against the Borg in Star Trek: First Contact, there’s no doubt it’s got the chops to be seen as the best Starfleet has to offer.
Technically, it’s not the top Starfleet ship, as the U.S.S. Vengeance from Star Trek: Into Darkness is. Since that ship was designed by Khan Noonien Singh and built by Section 31, it’s fair to say that it doesn’t fully count as a Starfleet vessel.
Especially since the crew wore zero Starfleet identifiers.
The top five on the list are, in descending order are, the Romulan mining ship the Narada, Species 8472 bioship, the V’Ger from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, the fricking whale probe from the Voyage Home, and of course at No. 1, the Borg cube.
Another odd note is the order in which the original series had their Enterprises laid out. The William Shatner version of Star Trek had three versions of the Enterprise; NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A, and NCC-1701-B (1701-B only appeared in Star Trek: Generations but it counts). Yet, despite later models usually being more powerful, the 1701-B is higher on the list (#23), than the original 1701 (#20) or the 1701-A (#19).
The full list of Starfleet vessels is as follows;
Let us know in the comment section if you agree with how the federation ships are listed and if you think the Borg truly has the best starship?
More on this: 762 stories
- Star Trek News: Franchise to get Legacy Award at event and more
- The 'Korra Effect' Keeps Fans Coming Back
- Star Trek: 10 Unpopular Opinions About Enterprise (According To Reddit)
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals an Old Federation Enemy is Now an Ally
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: Mirror Michael Killed Emperor Georgiou's Son
- Star Trek: Voyager Just Turned Seven of Nine Into a Revolutionary
- Star Trek Voyager's "Endgame" Repeated A Season 5 Episode (But Worse)
- Star Trek: Voyager's Seven of Nine Tests Her Humanity in New Comic
- Star Trek To Receive Legacy Award at Critics Choice Super Awards
- Star Trek: Discovery: Who Will Be Saru's New Number One?
- Star Trek: Discovery Continues A Running Deep Space 9 Joke
- Star Trek Discovery: Who Will Be the New Number One?
- Star Trek: Discovery: SPOILER Gets Demoted
- Star Trek Producer Herb Solow Dies at 89
- Herbert F. Solow, Desilu Exec Behind 'Star Trek' and 'Mission: Impossible,' Dies at 89
- Discovery Turns Star Trek's Delta Badges Into 32nd Century iPhones
- Star Trek: 'Burnham Goes Rogue' Has Become Discovery's 'They Shut Down the X-Files'
- 5 of the best Star Trek tweets this week, from fun to history
- Star Trek: Discovery's Best Replacements For Michael As First Officer
- Hero Collector Starships Coming In February 2021
- Stewart And Roddenberry To Receive Awards
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Nominated for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series at Critics Choice Super Awards
- Throwback Thursday: Star Trek TNG's Elementary, Dear Data (S2, Ep 4)
- Star Trek: Every 32nd Century Upgrade To The Discovery
- Nominees For 1st Annual Critics Choice Super Awards Include 'Palm Springs', 'Birds Of Prey', And 'Lovecraft Country'