Star Trek: Discovery Debuts Multiple New Starfleet Ships
WARNING: The following contains spoilers for Star Trek: Discovery Season 3, Episode 5, "Die Trying," now streaming on CBS All Access.
The crew of the U.S.S. Discovery time-traveled to the future at the start of Star Trek: Discovery's third season. When they arrived in the 32nd century, they found that the Federation had all but fallen after an event called the Burn. While the organization may no longer be what it once was, there are still remnants out there. Therefore, the crew made it their mission to find what was left of the Federation, and help it return to prominence.
Now, in the series' latest episode, the search for the Federation finally comes to an end -- and the Discovery is reunited with a Starfleet that now features plenty of new impressive starship models.Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
At the start of "Die Trying," the Discovery is able to find the location of the new Federation headquarters thanks to the coordinates that were locked inside Adira's Trill symbiont. Once they arrive, they discover that the space-faring organization is being kept hidden from view thanks to a massive distortion field. After they are granted passage, however, they are finally able to see the full scope of the new Starfleet.
Its numbers are not as massive as they once were, but the futuristic technology has allowed for the construction of something truly impressive. The entire crew of the Discovery can't help but look in total wonder at the new Federation headquarters, which is in part populated by a plethora of new starships.
There are now new ships that are made up of an organic hull and other alloys that were, as far as the crew of the Discovery knew, only theoretical in their time. Other ships now have holographic walls, while others have detached nacelles. Another, which is named the U.S.S. Constitution, is so massive that its crew could be comprised of two thousand officers. And this isn't even mentioning the appearance of the U.S.S. Voyager-J, the eleventh generation of the ship featured in the fan-favorite series, Star Trek: Voyager.
For now, these new ships were only glimpsed from afar, and few were shown in great detail. However, it gives fans an idea of what they can expect from the rest of the season as the Discovery becomes part of this new Federation. Surely, the ship will accompany plenty of these new starships on various missions, and they will all get the chance to show off their new features.
Streaming on CBS All Access, Star Trek: Discovery stars Sonequa Martin-Green as Commander Michael Burnham, Doug Jones as Commander Saru, Anthony Rapp as Lt. Commander Paul Stamets, Mary Wiseman as Ensign Sylvia Tilly, Wilson Cruz as Dr. Hugh Culber, David Ajala as Cleveland "Book" Booker, Blu del Barrio as Adira, Ian Alexander as Gray, Tig Notaro as Chief Engineer Reno and Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou. New episodes of Season 3 air on Thursdays.About The Author
More on this: 777 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals New Look at Discovery-A
- Armin Shimmerman regrets playing a Ferengi on TNG
- Star Trek: Discovery Has Holodecks Now
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: Why Michael Is Going To Leave Starfleet
- Star Trek Picard Season 2 Starts Filming In January Confirms Star
- Exclusive Look Inside Dan Curry's Star Trek Art and VFX Book
- 3 classic characters we're thankful for across Star Trek
- Star Trek: Discovery - Burnham May Have Just Made a Dangerous New Enemy
- Star Trek Beyond: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Kalara
- Star Trek: Discovery Creates A TNG Phaser Plot Hole
- Star Trek: Discovery Drops Another Major Clue About the Burn
- Star Trek: Picard Star Wants to Fight Worf
- Star Trek Voyager: Why Janeway & Chakotay Never Became A Couple
- Star Trek: Discovery Provides A Major Clue How The Burn Happened
- Star Trek News: Franchise to get Legacy Award at event and more
- The 'Korra Effect' Keeps Fans Coming Back
- Star Trek: 10 Unpopular Opinions About Enterprise (According To Reddit)
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals an Old Federation Enemy is Now an Ally
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: Mirror Michael Killed Emperor Georgiou's Son
- Star Trek: Voyager Just Turned Seven of Nine Into a Revolutionary
- Star Trek Voyager's "Endgame" Repeated A Season 5 Episode (But Worse)
- Star Trek: Voyager's Seven of Nine Tests Her Humanity in New Comic
- Star Trek To Receive Legacy Award at Critics Choice Super Awards
- Star Trek: Discovery: Who Will Be Saru's New Number One?
- Star Trek: Discovery Continues A Running Deep Space 9 Joke