Simon Pegg And Quentin Tarantino Have Made Up After Their Star Trek Disagreement
Executive producer Alex Kurtzman may have the future of Star Trek on the small screen mapped out all the way through to 2027, but the big screen arm of the beloved sci-fi franchise doesn’t have the same luxury. In fact, Paramount were forced to publicly deny rumors that they’d given up on making Trek movies entirely after the various projects in development all stalled at around the same time.
The canonical fourth installment in the Kelvin series has already faced countless cast and crew reshuffles without even making it into production, and the stars themselves don’t seem too sure about what the future holds. Legion and Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley was working on a fresh spin on the material as well, but that was also placed on an indefinite hiatus.
Quentin Tarantino’s R-rated effort, meanwhile, was the least likely to happen by far, but that didn’t stop the famed filmmaker and franchise stalwart Simon Pegg from having a bit of a disagreement. The Pulp Fiction director previously admitted that he was annoyed by comments that Pegg had made about his proposed entry into the Star Trek mythology, but in a recent interview, the Shaun of the Dead star revealed that they’d buried the hatchet.
As a lifelong fan, integral cast member of the Kelvin timeline and co-writer of the last movie, you can fully understand why Simon Pegg feels more than a little protective over the Star Trekfranchise and where it goes next. Now that he and Tarantino have put their differences to one side, though, maybe they can collaborate on a future project to really cement their friendship, whether it takes place in outer space or not.
Source: Bounding Into Comics
More on this: 777 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals New Look at Discovery-A
- Armin Shimmerman regrets playing a Ferengi on TNG
- Star Trek: Discovery Has Holodecks Now
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: Why Michael Is Going To Leave Starfleet
- Star Trek Picard Season 2 Starts Filming In January Confirms Star
- Exclusive Look Inside Dan Curry's Star Trek Art and VFX Book
- 3 classic characters we're thankful for across Star Trek
- Star Trek: Discovery - Burnham May Have Just Made a Dangerous New Enemy
- Star Trek Beyond: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Kalara
- Star Trek: Discovery Creates A TNG Phaser Plot Hole
- Star Trek: Discovery Drops Another Major Clue About the Burn
- Star Trek: Picard Star Wants to Fight Worf
- Star Trek Voyager: Why Janeway & Chakotay Never Became A Couple
- Star Trek: Discovery Provides A Major Clue How The Burn Happened
- Star Trek News: Franchise to get Legacy Award at event and more
- The 'Korra Effect' Keeps Fans Coming Back
- Star Trek: 10 Unpopular Opinions About Enterprise (According To Reddit)
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals an Old Federation Enemy is Now an Ally
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: Mirror Michael Killed Emperor Georgiou's Son
- Star Trek: Voyager Just Turned Seven of Nine Into a Revolutionary
- Star Trek Voyager's "Endgame" Repeated A Season 5 Episode (But Worse)
- Star Trek: Voyager's Seven of Nine Tests Her Humanity in New Comic
- Star Trek To Receive Legacy Award at Critics Choice Super Awards
- Star Trek: Discovery: Who Will Be Saru's New Number One?
- Star Trek: Discovery Continues A Running Deep Space 9 Joke